Billy Johnson

I am British but I live in Canada, last summer (2009) my family moved from the quiet English county of Kent to Ontario. From then on my life has become progressively more exciting and maybe even worth blogging about. Anyway I guess I'm the average British teen in Canada who's passionate about music, writing and left-wing politics.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Eugh it's Monday

Today's Rating 4/10
There's nothing worse than the monday after a depressing weekend. School of course went by the way school does, slowly. Took two coffees to get me through the day, one of which was paid for by a mate who realized I hadn't had the best Sunday. After the same old schedule of; Drama, French, Lunch, Math and English, I got home and listened to three hours of music straight. The songs on shuffle, merging into one collaborative sound as they slipped by. I also started looking at different punk hairstyles on the internet, something that would be easy to do and still have some kind of shock factor, I'm really bored of having that average dirty blond, long hair that no one takes a second glance at. After dinner I went to hang out around a friend's house for a bit, hoping that his parents would be out so we could light up in his hot tub, however they weren't so we settled for risk.

After getting swiftly defeated in risk I decided to cycle back home. Enjoying the cloudless night and wanting to clear my head I took a little detour where subsequently I was barked at and chased by a stray dog which didn't really help my mood. I apologize that this post isn't fantastically long or elaborate but it's eleven thirty and I'm exhausted after having watched the entirety of the Shawshank Redemption (Movies help alleviate the mind of other stuff).

Today's Song
The song for today is Fog on Tyne by the band Lindisfarne. Lindisfarne were a small English folk rock band of the 1960's, who although produced lots of good material, never hit the big time. Fog on the Tyne is a catchy folk tune with non-sensical but cheerful lyrics. I picked it as today's song just because it was in my head all morning, much to the despair of my Drama group who resorted to violence in a vain attempt to stop me from singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment